What is Myofascial Release (MFR)?
Myofascial Release is a safe and very effective hands-on technique that involves applying gentle sustained pressure into myofascial restrictions to eliminate pain and restore motion.
- Universal whole body treatment
- Holistic approach, not aggressive
- Is performed directly on the skin with no oils or creams
- Deeply relaxing
- Progressive and provides lasting results
What is Fascia?
- Densely woven connective tissue that can produce crushing pressures of approximately 2,000 pounds per square inch.
- A continuous 3-dimensional web (think spider web- it is all connected and moves together)
- Innervates every organ, blood vessel, nerve and bone
- Is affected by physical and emotional traumas, inflammation, surgeries, repetitive motions and poor posture
- Is what a knot in a muscle actually is-a restriction down to the cellular level
- Deep layers of elastin and collagen tissue
When the fascia is open, pliable and fluid, the whole body can function and move with ease the way it is supposed to. Allowing the fascia to release with time; this elongates, loosens and increases the fluidity in the whole body.
Birth is our first trauma in life, although it is natural and amazing is can also be very traumatic for the baby. MFR can be an amazing and subtle tool to help babies avoid invasive treatment for:
- Plagiocephaly (flat head syndrome)
- Colic & gas
- Surgery pre and post
- Growing & teething pain
- Adolescent Myofascial Release
- Teenagers have a lot of changes happening in their minds and bodies and would greatly benefit from MFR.
- Growing aches and pains
- Sports preventative & injury healing
- Stress from life
- Hormonal changes
- Poor posture and heavy backpacks
Everyone has fascial restrictions. Even if a person is not directly dealing with an acute or chronic situation they can prevent many symptoms and aches and pains by getting treated regularly.
What causes fascial restrictions?
- Physical trauma & injuries
- Emotional traumas & situations
- Surgery of any kind
- Repetitive positioning
Intensive Myofascial Release Treatment Programs
Intensive treatment Programs are for chronic or acute pain and overall body wellness. This is a great way to help break subconscious bracing patterns throughout the body by a longer duration of treatment and having treatment consecutively.
Committing to getting treated regularly is crucial for healing from chronic or acute injuries. Starting with an intensive is wonderful, but this doesn’t mean that it will progress you faster. Healing is a unique process and is very individual. I suggest committing to getting treated regularly for 6 months to a year and see how you feel, move and live from there.
- 6-hours of hands on treatment with self-care instruction
- 2-hour treatment 3 days consecutively $480
- 9-hours of hands on treatment with self care instruction
- 3-hour treatments 3 days consecutively $750